Mexican food is my JAM! I would say we eat some type of Mexican food at least three times a week. These crock pot turkey tacos are always our go-to because you can put all the ingredients in at once, leave to cook for 5 hours and come back to a ready to eat dinner!
What you’ll need:
- Ground turkey, chicken or beef
- Black beans
- Ortega taco sauce
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground turkey, black beans, taco sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice, dash of cumin, garlic powder, cilantro, oregano, black pepper & cayenne pepper into slow cooker.
- Set to cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir entire mixture occasionally to ensure best flavor.
- Serve over lettuce for low carb option. Top with cheddar cheese, this homemade salsa and extra cilantro for additional flavor.
- Optional: Serve in taco shell, in flour tortilla or with rice.