IDK about you but the thought of making dinner each day is something I tend to push to the back of my mind. I love a good dinner, but the thought of whipping up a quality meal after working all day/working out, is the LAST thing I want to be doing. I always have high hopes of making meals for the week on the weekend. Does that happen? NOPE! I feel like the weekends just fly by and there goes all hope of making my life easier during the week. Therefore, I am tasked with typically coming up with dinner meals each night that we don’t get bored of and are also delicious + healthy…most of the time 🙂
One of our favorite go to dinner meals that is so simple, and tastes SO good are chicken quesadillas. Whether you like them hot, spicy or pretty mild, you have the option of adding in a variety of flavors to suit your palette.
This meal only takes about 20 mins total! Makes two quesadillas.
You will need:
4 Flour Tortillas
Seasonings (Cumin, Paprika, Chili Powder, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Pepper, Garlic)
Monterey Jack & Cheddar Cheese
1 Bell Pepper
Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Cut or shred chicken into small pieces (we prefer cubes) and heat over medium high heat. I like to flavor ours with cumin, paprika, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice, black pepper & a hint of garlic for extra flavor.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat bottom side of flour tortilla with 1 tbsp. olive oil and place face down on the cookie sheet (or whatever you are using to cook these).
- Sprinkle cheddar & monterey jack cheese to cover flour tortilla. Add in chicken and any additional extras. I love bell peppers, onions and tomatoes in mine.
- Sprinkle on any additional spices or sauces. If you are aiming for something hotter, add buffalo sauce (we love Frank’s RedHot).
- Put second tortilla on top and coat outside with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 7-8 mins. Flip over and cook other side for same amount of time.
- Slice into 4 pieces and top with avocado or salsa.
This meal is quick, easy and SO delicious!